Growing indoor fruit trees is super easy, and super rewarding! All you need is this care guide, and your favorite few indoor fruit trees! Let’s begin!
1. Nectarines A genetically dwarfed version of a nectarine tree can grow up to 30 inches when grown in a well lit area like a greenhouse. When growing these fruit trees indoors, make sure they’re placed in a sunny area. Larger pots work best for these fruits!
2. Cape Gooseberries When grown in a large pot, this plant can get up to 2 feet across. Grow near a window for maximum growth opportunity!
3. Peaches Keep peaches indoors in a well-lit, sunny are. Peaches are best grown in temperatures of 50 to 55 degrees Fahrenheit. When the tree begins to bear fruit, they will require higher temperatures of 65 to 70 degrees. When growing these indoor fruit trees, keep this in mind!
4. Apricots For apricots, it’s incredibly important to use a potting compost without soil and cross pollinate with other flowers.
5. Grapes Super easy to grow, and the grape vines will add such a unique and oriental look to the side of a greenhouse.
6. Mulberries Unfortunately, it could be 7-10 years before you see any fruit from the Mullberry tree itself. The best thing to do would be to go to a nursery and buy a dwarf tree for your home if you are interested in cultivating them yourself!
7. Strawberries The most popular of all indoor grown fruit, strawberries grow fast and don’t take up very much space. They also look beautiful in your home. Grow in a larger pot, and keep them in a sunny window.
8. Pineapples You read this right, you really can grow pineapples indoors, they’re actually one of a few fruit trees perfectly suited for growing in a pot!