Do you have one of these, poisonous plants for dogs? We’ve always been a dog family! Even before I married my husband, we both grew up with a plethora of puppies around. Dogs are the best, and I’ve been so thankful to give the gift of a furry friend to all of my children. Unfortunately, in our years of pet ownership, we’ve dealt with a few scares after one of our dogs has eaten a plant of sorts. It’s so important to know about poisonous plants for dogs because as we all know; it’s better to be prepared! If you have one of these poisonous plants for dogs, it’s best to move them out of their reach!
Aloe vera is only dangerous to pets when they eat it. The “pulp” and juice of the plant can be harmful when eaten, and is known to cause vomiting, diarrhea, and changes in urine color.
This common houseplant is often seen, but it should be avoided all together if you have animals. When eaten, the leaves can cause intense oral burning, irritation of the mouth, and in severe cases, trouble swallowing.
All parts of this plant are harmful to pets! Pets who have gotten into these show symptoms of vomiting, and lack of appetite. This plant can even make your poor pups depressed!
While I haven’t seen one of these used as a houseplant in quite some time, it’s important that pet owners still know the danger! Dogs who have eaten English Ivy will show symptoms of abdominal pain, vomiting, and other digestive issues.
Not the pop star, but the houseplant! The harmful toxin in these plants can cause sudden collapse, loss of muscle function, and diarrhea. It’s important to see a vet ASAP when you suspect intoxication has occurred, because this can be fatal!
While this plant may look gorgeous, it’s seriously harmful to pets! The seeds are the most poisonous aspect of this plant, but all parts of the plant are considered toxic. Symptoms include; vomiting, bloody stools, symptoms of liver failure, and sometimes death.
Jade is known for it’s healing properties in humans, but did you know that it’s seriously toxic to dogs and cats? Eating the plant can cause slow heart rate (sometimes resulting in heart failure) and even depression. No one likes a sad pup!
Eating this plant can cause mouth irritation, digestive issues, muscle spasms, and seizures in pets.
The ZZ plant is known for needing little light, but it’s also known to cause vomiting in dogs and cats. Keep it out of their reach!
Vomiting with blood is the most common side effect when your pet injests the leaves of this funky looking plant. Keep a look out for low mood, as well, it’s known to cause depression!
Asparagus may be tasty to eat, but this fern definitely isn’t! It’s known to cause skin irritation and different digestive issues in dogs. This is one of the most dangerous poisonous plants!
Similar to Philodendron, this plant can cause mouth irritation and digestive problems. Sometimes, it can even cause muscle spasms! This is one of the most poisonous plants for dogs.
Great information for pet owners! I recently acquired an asparagus fern, and now wonder where the heck I’m going to put it to keep the pets out of harms way!